History & Evolution
Created in 1924 by Doctor Varay, The Clinique Générale in Annecy was built between the Château de Nemours and the Visitation. At the time it only has 51 beds in a surgery unit. It answered the surgical needs of the holiday guests unsatisfied with the local ublic hospital. This establishment was managed by the nuns of the Visitation (69 nuns in 1961).
In the 1970's, a first modernization phase will see the building of new premises (the maternity will open in 1968) and the reorganizing of those already existing as well as the departure of the nuns.
In the 1980's, several extensions will allow the development of the surgical activity and the increase in bed capacity.
Since 1996, after the withdrawal of the owning family, the clinic has been taken on by the practitioners grouped as a company. This has given a measurable impulse in terms of investments (modernization and restrucutirng of premises amounting to over 15 million Euros) and of strategic orientations (new practitioners, part of which in new activities such as vascular surgery, other reinforcing exiting activities).
|